CCUA Small Credit Union Assistance Program
CCUA’s small credit union assistance grant initiative provides small credit unions with financial assistance for general operating needs that will ultimately help to improve member service. A small credit union, as defined by the NCUA is $100 million in assets and below.
All federal- and state-chartered credit unions that are members of CCUA located in NH, MA, RI and DE that are $100 million and under in assets are eligible to apply.
$100 - $2,000
Use of Grant Funds
Small Credit Union Assistance Grants are available to assist credit unions with a variety of operating needs. Funds may be used for, but not limited to:
- Security Upgrade and Improvements
- Funding to reach emerging and underrepresented markets, including youth, older Americans, immigrant populations and people of low or modest means.
CCUA will evaluate the grant application based on your credit union's financial need and performance.
- Applications must have clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Applications must be accompanied by a project budget and other pertinent supporting documentation.
- Incomplete grant applications will not be considered.
Grant Award Limits
For Small Credit Union Grants, the award limit is $2,000 per credit union per calendar year. If eligible, this does not mean that your credit union is guaranteed $2,000. This is a competitive grant making process; applications are reviewed based on specific criteria. These guidelines are subject to modification at any time and are contingent upon the availability of funds.
The Small Credit Union Assistance Grant Application should be completed and submitted electronically, with all necessary information to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to submit electronically, please mail all necessary documentation, including completed cover sheet to:
Cooperative Credit Union Association – Grants
845 Donald Lynch Boulevard
Marlborough, MA 01752-4704
Small Credit Union Assistance Grant Application
CCUA Small Credit Union Assistance Program: Membership Levels
When your credit union supports the CCUA’s Small Credit Union Assistance Program through annual membership, you will greatly assist small credit unions in fulfilling their mission and seize valuable growth opportunities.
Membership levels are based on asset size, but you may choose to give more or less than the following suggestions.
- $5,000: Appropriate for, but not limited to, credit unions with assets of $1 B or more
- $4,000: Appropriate for, but not limited to, credit unions with assets between $500 - $1 B
- $3,000: Appropriate for, but not limited to, credit unions with assets between $250 - $500 M
- $2,000: Appropriate for, but not limited to, credit unions with assets between $100 - $250 M
- $1,000: Appropriate for, but not limited to, credit unions with assets between $50 - $100 M
- $500: Appropriate for, but not limited to, credit unions with assets between $25 - $50 M
- $250: Appropriate for, but not limited to, credit unions with assets of $25 M or less
Together, we will advance the credit union community!
Resources for Small Credit Unions