Vice President of Mortgage Operations, MIT Federal Credit Union, Cambridge MA
MIT Federal Credit Union is seeking a Vice President of Mortgage Operations, responsible for developing and executing comprehensive mortgage lending strategies that deliver on the vision, mission and brand promise of MITFCU. This position has strategic leadership responsibility for the mortgage lending operations. This position directly manages all activities of the mortgage operations department and compliance with MITFCU, and all federal and state regulations.
- Provides strategic and executive leadership for MITFCU Mortgage Lending Origination.
- Develops and executes strategies, including innovative solution development, initiate third party origination partnerships, operational effectiveness and efficiencies to improve service levels, increase productivity, and grow volume and related revenue.
- Collaborates with the MITFCU Leadership Team to determine and implement the corporate culture, strategic plans, tactics, budgets and priorities of the organization.
- Oversees the management of mortgage origination, processing, underwriting, and closing while ensuring high quality customer service to both internal and external members.
- Ensures operational priorities are aligned with organizational objectives. Comprehensive solutions are regularly evaluated, focus on reducing the time to close and improving the borrower experience, and modified to meet the changing needs of the MITFCU Member base and industry requirements.
- Leads efforts to transform and improve performance efficiency of the business units, through innovative solutions, for optimizing their actions and drive results, ultimately reducing the cost of origination. This includes developing and executing plans for process improvement efforts, developing and managing budgets and tactics, and managing and forecasting staffing needs to support steady growth and loan volume.
- Establishes, monitors and reports on production activity and key performance indicators to ensure processes efficiency, compliant with internal and external quality standards, investor guidelines, have appropriate operating controls to mitigate risk, and applicable law and regulation, while performing at a high level and delivering required results. Resolves deficiencies in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field required.
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in Mortgage and Home Equity loan origination, processing and underwriting.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a mortgage loan originator.
- Knowledge of Mortgage Loan Origination Systems
HOW TO APPLY: