SVP, Chief Financial Officer, Greenwood Credit Union, Warwick, Rhode Island
Greenwood Credit Union is looking for a CFO to join their leadership team.
This position is responsible for directing and managing all practices and activities in the Finance and Accounting functions to ensure compliance with State and Federal rules and regulations. Manage auditing, accounting, and recordkeeping activities of the credit union to ensure they meet generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP). Make recommendations relating to budget preparation, income forecasts, and operational changes as needed.
The essential functions of this position may include, but are not limited to:
• Directly or through subordinates, oversee and manage the financial and accounting functions of the credit union to include: ALM, AP, AR, budgets, collections, GL, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, investments, payroll, and taxes.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures for the Accounting/Finance Department. Ensure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations and are communicated to and implemented by subordinates.
• Present monthly reports to the board of directors and senior management.
• Participate in determining deposit and loan rates.
• Provide guidance regarding investment decisions.
• Hold periodic staff meetings. Identify areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new developments, or changes in services. Keep staff up to date on trends and general credit union information.
• Assist with lease negotiation and major purchasing decisions for capital equipment or other capital asset expenditures.
• Participates in and supports the internal audit program as necessary, which may include cash counts, teller drawer audits, review of employee accounts, loan documentation, wire transfers, etc
• Provides guidance during the credit union’s regulatory agency exams and audits.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
A minimum of ten (10) years experience in a managerial or senior leadership position with a mid to large sized credit union or community bank with history of progressive performance
Proven leadership and board relations experience
Working knowledge of and adherence to state and Federal laws and regulations governing credit union operations including BSA, lending, deposits, safety and security, and employment
Thorough knowledge of all credit union products, services, and procedures
Understanding of legal, regulatory, economic and competitive environments which effect lending and depository products
In depth understanding of financial reports, procedures and legal documents
Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Skills and Abilities
Professional, well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
Exception management capabilities
Must possess strong business and financial acumen
Strength in problem solving and human relations
Proven track record with strategy development and growth initiatives
Demonstrated skills in verbal negotiation strategies and tactics
Must possess strong work ethic
This position requires the ability to:
- Read, analyze, and interpret data as it relates to areas within your responsibility such as correspondence, complex financial reports, policies, procedures, legal documents, and regulations
- Respond professionally to varied inquiries or complaints from members; influence subordinates and peers; and effectively communicate, negotiate, and present complicated information to a wide range of audiences including Board of Directors, local government officials, etc.
- Operate a personal computer on a continuous basis and standard office equipment as needed
- Confidently conduct meetings and presentations
HOW TO APPLY: