Senior Loan Underwriter, Tremont Credit Union, Milton, MA
Within authorized authority, and in accordance with sound underwriting practices as set out in policy and procedure, the Senior Loan Underwriter will examine, evaluate, and authorize or recommend approval or denial of borrower’s applications for credit or extension of lines of credit, First Mortgages, and HELOC accounts. The Senior Loan Underwriter will accomplish this task by performing the following duties.
• Approve or deny loan applications and provide written and verbal documentation to support the lending decision
• Must have knowledge of Mortgage & Consumer loan products and related services
• Underwrite and/or originate mortgage and equity loans (NLMS Registration)
• Work with system (Core) providers to utilize full efficiency of the system
• Ensure that loans are processed in accordance to credit union policies and procedures and if applicable will meet secondary market guidelines
• Determine collateral needs and payment plans for members applying for loans
• Evaluate and analyze complex income documentation to establish qualifying income
• Thorough understanding of state and federal regulations is required as well as a solid understanding of HMDA, Reg Z, Reg B, the FHLMC, FNMA, FHA rules and process
• Assume responsibility for HMDA accuracy and assist with preparation for reporting
• Implement new loan products and services in accordance with management direction
• Train and support/assist member service representatives in resolving member problems
• Maintain ongoing communication with management to ensure issues, irregularities application changes and other important information is properly communicated
• Adhere to the Tremont CU internal processes and Quality Control requirements of membership and loan documentation
• Position is based out of Milton, MA location
• Additional duties as assigned
• At least 5 years’ experience in mortgage servicing concepts, practices and procedures
• Bachelor’s degree required (or comparable experience)
• Maintain a superior knowledge of Tremont CU products and services
• Able to demonstrate strong customer services attributes.
• Can interact professionally with other employees, members and suppliers.
• Works effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Proficient computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
• Ability to learn and use several Third-Party based programs
• Strong analytical and member service skills
• Able to multi-task and work independently
HOW TO APPLY: