Mortgage Sales Manager, Harvard University Employees Credit Union, Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Mortgage Sales Manager will manage banking operations, sales and services provided at multiple branch locations. Oversee consumer and mortgage lending services as well as saving products. Provide leadership to branch staff.
This strategic sales position is responsible for creating new Mortgage Sales Business for HUECU. Leading a team of Mortgage Loan Originators to actively pursue and properly leverage all new and existing business opportunities. This position is also responsible for ensuring the organization is prepared to handle the operational impact of new business initiatives, working in partnership with the SVP to establish the mortgage pipeline and ensure that resources exist to support new sales initiatives. Responsible for direct oversight and management of the entire mortgage production process for the Credit Union; including hiring, training and managing of mortgage sales staff, including the MLO trainee program. Will be responsible for the establishment and achievement of loan production goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work in partnership with the SVP, RE Lending to determine the Mortgage Pipeline - assessing opportunity, risk to bring in new sales to keep the Mortgage portfolio growing.
• Proactively pursue new sources of mortgage business and create a business plan for the organization to better capitalize on new and existing sales opportunities, including marketing strategies to increase production.
• Collaborate with the operational teams across HUECU to ensure that the business is prepared to handle proposed business opportunities.
• Manage and supervise a team of 4-6 Senior MLOs, MLOs, and MLO trainees.
• Establish and maintain an MLO Trainee program, which includes formal and on the job training and rigorous assessment.
• Maintain a pipeline of Trainees to meet business needs.
• Manage all production activity of MLO’s and Branch referrals.
• Establish and monitor targets and monthly goals for all MLO’s and Branch referrals monitoring and providing timely feedback for performance against those goals.
• Act as a back up to Mortgage Loan Originators, as needed.
• Advise on loan sales processed, problem resolution, communication with referral sources, customer service, productivity levels, and facilitating open communication.
• Maintain continuous communication with customers, employees and members of the Credit Union management.
• Coordinate and conduct home buying seminars and other outreach opportunities.
• Collaborate with SVP, RE Lending as well as Mortgage production team to oversee and implement process improvement initiatives.
Typical Core Duties :
• Responsible for effective staff management for a group or team of employees, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the promotion of an inclusive and innovative work environment
• Oversee and manage operations for multiple branches; measure and evaluate branch performance and recommend operational improvements, changes in facilities, staffing, etc. to meet customer needs and improve productivity
• Oversee security and physical appearance of the branches; develop and implement procedures to guarantee security and proper auditing of branches and tellers
• Develop, communicate and achieve individual sales plans to increase member base
• Collaborate with management regarding retail products and services including vendor selection, writing policies and procedures and product changes
• Hold loan signing authority and act within established approval guidelines
• Responsible for IRA plan management, including annual reporting requirements and mandatory distributions
• Ensure financial compliance with University policies and procedures and applicable legal rules and banking regulations
The following qualifications are the minimum threshold for which a candidate must meet in order to be considered for this role.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
• Minimum of 7 years’ relevant work experience
• Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
The following qualifications are strongly preferred. If you meet some, but not all, we still encourage you to apply. HUECU values employees with a willingness to learn.
• Three years managerial experience
• Prior sales management experience preferred.
• Complete working knowledge of the mortgage industry.
• Experience in the credit union or not for profit mortgage sales is preferred.
• Customer service focused. Strong relationship builder.
• Ability to interview, train and motivate employees.
• Self-motivated and extremely goal oriented.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of mortgage industry laws and regulations.
• Ability to create presentations or pull data using various computer software including Microsoft excel, word and PowerPoint.
• Must have a basic understanding of working with technology applications.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Proven time management and organizational skills.
• This position provides a base salary plus a quarterly bonus structure based on productions
Certificates and Licenses :
• Must maintain an NMLS registration and complete within 60 days of hire.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume to Angela_Boudreau@harvard.edu