Popular Developing Great Managers Program Returns
“Managers are the stuff that runs the world. We get to lead, to inspire, to motivate, to guide, to shape the future.
We get to make a difference to the business and to people’s lives…
We get, not only, to be part of the solution, but to provide the solution itself.”
- Richard Templar
The Cooperative Credit Union Association’s Certificate Program Developing Great Managers is an interactive, contemporary management training program designed to test, challenge, update, and enhance the management skills of experienced managers to encourage them to lead, inspire, motivate, guide, and shape the future.
The popular program is presented in three-parts, each with a separate and distinct focus designed to help credit union professionals new to management:
- Managing Oneself (October 17)
- Managing the Business (November 14)
- Managing Others (December 12)
A prerequisite for the program is the DiSC Personality Assessment, a tool to enhance management skill, which will be assigned at registration.
Association President/CEO Paul Gentile will provide an Industry Perspective and discuss trends and challenges with attendees during the opening session. Bill Nagle, SVP, Professional Development, will facilitate the lively and interactive training.
Topics covered in the first module, Managing Oneself, include:
- What kind of manager are you today? What do you aspire to be? And how do you get there?
- Leadership vs. Management: What is the difference? Can you be one without the other?
- Review of management role models: the good and the bad;
- Communications: How you deal with conflict and difficult people starts from within;
- Challenge your ability to plan, organize, prioritize, delegate, motivate, and shape the future;
- Manage your stress; manage your time; manage your emotions: Be in control of yourself; and
- Evaluate and improve your ability to provide feedback, guidance, and inspiration to your staff.
For more information on the Developing Great Managers Program, including details on the following sessions, speaker bios, and how to register, please click HERE.« RETURN TO ALL NEWS