CCUA Announces Winners of Massachusetts Chapter College Scholarship Program
The Cooperative Credit Union Association, Inc.’s College Scholarship Program has awarded six $1,500 scholarships, one scholarship awarded per chapter.
Eligibility was limited to high school seniors who will be enrolled in an undergraduate college degree program during the 2018-2019 academic year and the applicant or parent/guardian must be a member of a sponsoring credit union. Each applicant completed an application form and submitted it with other required material, including their academic transcript and a 250-word essay about a person who has been an inspiration to them.
Each chapter has selected its scholarship winner, evaluating each applicant on their submitted application packages. Winners include:
- Tri-County Chapter, Chapter President: Kate Dame, Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union – Gabriel A. Clark, sponsoring credit union: Metro Credit Union
- Metro-Boston Chapter, Chapter President: Karla McCarren, City of Boston Credit Union – Rebecca Mironko, sponsoring credit union: Harvard University Employees Credit Union
- Pioneer Valley Chapter, Chapter President: James Wage, UMassFive College FCU, – Madison Dover, sponsoring credit union: Holyoke Credit Union
- Southern MA Chapter, Chapter President: Lee Zupkofska, St. Anne’s Credit Union of Fall River, Mass – Christopher LaCourse, sponsoring credit union: Taunton Federal Credit Union
- Central MA Chapter, Chapter President: Joyce Englund, Worcester Credit Union – Stefanie Beaudry, sponsoring credit union: Southbridge Credit union
- Berkshire Chapter, Chapter President: Melissa Morin, Credit Union of the Berkshires – Julie Pehlert, sponsoring credit union: Greylock Federal Credit Union
Checks will be awarded to the student according to each Chapter’s preference.« RETURN TO ALL NEWS